Create perfect Email Campaigns and track status of them
Email Marketing features
- Create Campaigns for your business
- Select templates from Newsletter
- Variables from Newsletter supported
- Schedule when emails will be sent
- Send Preview Email
- Track status of Campaign: Access Count, Click Count & more…
- Work with Organizations, Contacts, Leads, Vendors, Campaigns modules
- Most Email clients supported
- Unsubscribe feature (from version 4.2 and higher)
- Compatible with Newsletter
- Compatible with Email Maker
(support of custom functions too)
- Easy installation & usage
- Vtiger 7.x/6.x compatible
- Included in our packages: Extended, All Access
- Note: Works only with Newsletter module
ℹ️ Note: Since version 4.1, you can also send emails manually if CronJob (scheduler) is NOT running ℹ️
The following message will appear:
Installation, Usage & other features
Installation & Validation is via our Free Extension Installer
For detailed guide how to validate and install our modules visit guide below:
After successful installation of Email Marketing you are able to access the module and start using it.
Notice: Before working with Email Marketing, you will be needed to have Newsletter installed and some templates created already.
How to create Campaign
- Make sure to have created templates in Newsletter, for example we will use Contacts module in this guide.
- Open Email Marketing in Vtiger CRM, you will be redirected to List view, click on the button to start creating Campaign.
The button is used if you want to create template in Newsletter.
- Creating Campaign have 4 steps, in first step Campaign Details fill all required data like name for your campaign, assigned to, From Name – name of sender, From Email – email from which campaign is sent, Reply To – where you will receive emails when someone reply to your campaign emails, description if needed.
- Second step Subscribers, please select the Module first, you can choose from 5 modules: Organizations, Contacts, Leads, Vendors & Campaigns. For our guide we used Contacts module.
You will see how many records of contacts you have in CRM and which contact lists were loaded. Select the list you want and proceed via a button .
Also, you have an option if you want to use Primary Email or Secondary email of contacts.
- The third step Template, is where you choose Newsletter template you created. Simply choose the template via a pick list button
The template should be loaded and also Subject* was updated. Continue to last step.
- Last the most important step is Schedule when your emails will be sent.
You will be needing manually perform sending of email via button when you already created the Campaign.
Send Hourly = how many emails will be sent per hour.
Notice: Sending emails is performed via Scheduler in your CRM each 15 minutes. So if you set Send Hourly email’s value to 100. Means each 15 minutes 25 emails will be sent.
You can send when the Campaign can start if you don’t want to do it manually. Simply set the date and time + how many emails will be sent hourly.
Hit the button and you successfully created the campaign!
Notice: When you choose Schedule email sending to Manual. You will see the button
If you select Scheduled the button will be not shown in your Detail view for Campaign.
When the campaign is finished, you are able to view statistics of it.
Please visit the tab for more detailed information.
When the Email Marketing campaign is finished, the important is to check the results of the campaign by going to the Summary view of it.
In the Summary view you can see:
- Key fields block – summary view of fields, used for this campaign including Campaign name, Module selected for the campaign, Email From which was campaign send + other useful fields which will provide you overview information.
- Key Metrics – an important window with the results of campaign showing detailed statistics.
- Email recipients list – related list showing all recipients of the emails with the detailed information.
Campaign statistics / Key Metrics block
Each campaing have own Key Metrics available in the sumarry view.
Key Metrics block has own fields which are explained below:
- Status – its the current status of your campaign, normally when the campaign is finished status should be Finish. There are other status values like:
created/sending ready – you can start sending emails,
pause – campaign is paused and emails are not sent,
stop – The campaign was stopped but you can still resume it by changing the status of it,
error – there was issue with sending emails, you may not properly created the campaign or there may be issue with your outgoing email server.
- Subscribers – means how many people want to receive emails from you.
This is based on the field value Email Opt Out, for example, in the Contact detail view.
Email Opt Out value in the default view of the Contact is by default set to No = Subscribed, but it can be changed to Yes = Unsubscribed.
Check our tab for more info.
- Unsubscribed – how many people unsubscribed and don’t want to receive campaign emails.
- Sent Emails – number of emails sent by your campaign.
- Unique open – how many times were email opened, this should be equal to 1 email sent = 1 email unique open.
Sent emails = 5 / Not opened emails = 1 …. Unique open =4 , because only 4 recipients opened the email.
- Click count – this count shows how many times someone clicked on the url/link in the actual template/email body (if there is any).
- Access Count – counts how many clicks total were on the email subject.
- Not opened – shows the number how many emails were unread.
See detailed Key Metrics summary view below (click to enlarge):
You are also able to see the recipients list when you click on related emails icon.
Email recipients list
Here you can track every recipient individually, most important is click count and access count.
To see recipients list, simply click on relation icon in the summary view of the Email Marketing campaign:
The following window will appear with the list of recipients.
You can see and track the following information on the screen:
- Sender name – shows sender name based on settings $HELPDESK_SUPPORT_NAME in the file /config.inc.php in your Vtiger directory.
- Subject – subject of the email send to the recipients.
- Date sent – where was the email sent.
- Time sent – exact time when was email sent.
- Assigned to – shows to who is the record assigned.
- Click count – this count shows how many times a recipient clicked on the url/link in the actual template/email body (if there is any).
If there is no any number means recipient didn’t open email yet.
- Access Count – counts how many clicks total were on the email subject by the recipient.
If there is no any number means recipient didn’t open email yet.
- Origin – status of the email.
How to setup Unsubscribe feature
Note: This feature is available from version of Email Marketing 4.2, so please update your extension via Installer if you want to use it without any issues.
This feature is added in to the template of Newsletter which comes with Email Marketing extension.
- In the Newsletter module, simple open any template you created/creating.
- In the Editor you see Content Icon (1) , click on it and look for Unsubscribe icon (3) under Content block (2), see below:
- Next step is to place the Unsubscribe link where do you want, its drag and drop process.
Simple drag the Unsubsribe icon from the left side of the menu and drop it to the template, see below:
- After placing an Unsubscribe link / button, you can send out the emails via Email Marketing.
Whoever clicks on the button / link will be unsubscribed from your emails.
For example, in module Contacts, the field Email Opt Out will change from No to Yes, if the unsubscribe link was clicked by a Contact.
Yes means he will not receive any emails. You can change it anytime by editing this field.
Changing the style of button and unsubscribe message.
Changing the style of added unsubscribe link/button is very easy and you can change, label, add icon, change font style, color and more.
- Click on the Unsubscribe link you added to the template.
- On the right side of the screen you can see the Settings window will pop-up for certain link/button you clicked.
- See below:
How to change Unsubscribe message?
- Go to your Vtiger folder directory and look for ITS4YouUnsubscribe.php file.
- Open the file with any editor you like and look for line (25) with:
$message = ‘<p>Your email address has been unsubscribed</p>’;
- You can change the message between <p> and </p> as you like for example:
$message = ‘<p>You have successfully unsubscribed.</p>’;
- Save the changes.
- 06 May 2020: 4.5
- *(there was a versions skip because of fixes and features added):
- new icon added for Email Marketing
- added compatibility to use Email Maker templates
(also custom functions can be used/loaded from Email Maker templates and other variables too)
- added feature to add/remove subscribers manually in step 2. Subscribers when creating campaign
- added alerts/info messages during creation of the campaign
(example: you see an alert in step 2 if you did not choose which email field will be loaded, primary or secondary)
- improved stability of extension
- 30 March 2020: 4.3
- fixed issues with Unsubscribe functionality
- 02 February 2020: 4.1
- added option to send emails manually when your Scheduler is inactive or having issues
- 09 December 2019: 4.0
- new validation process via Installer extension for both Vtiger versions 7.x and 6.x
- 04 December 2019: 600.700.1.3
- fixed issue where an error message was popping out when emails were not sent
- 30 September 2019: 600.700.1.2
- minor bug fixes
- 21 August 2019: 600.700.1.1
- release of extension for Vtiger 6.x versions
- same installation package for Vtiger 7.x and 6.x
- minor bug fixes
- July 2019: 700.1.1
- fixed issue with licensing and unistalling module
- April 2019: 700.0.1
- release of extension for Vtiger 7.x versions