See notifications while you are in records detail view, or out of the records while you work in your system
Quick Reminder features
- Option to create reminders related to Record
- Popup window at the detail view of record, if any Reminders are related to record
- Types of reminders like: Message, Alert, Warning
- Status options like: Open, In Progress, Is Readed, Closed
- Reminder “ring bell” icon with number of notifications shown
- Integration settings (turn off/on this feature for specific module)
- Compatible with all Vtiger and Custom modules
- Easy for usage
- Workflow support
- Vtiger 7.x/6.x compatible
- Included in our packages: Mini, Extended, All Access
Installation & Usage
Installation & Validation is via our Free Extension Installer
For detailed guide how to validate and install our modules visit guide below:
When creating Quick Reminder you have following fields which most of them are mandatory (*):
- Subject – name of the reminder you are creating, the name should be simple and indicate what the reminder is about
- Type – is the type of the reminder you are creating, it can be more important or less important up to you. Options are: Message, Alert, Warning
- Select module pick list – is located under Type, you need to select module here and next select the record from picked module via pick list on the right side. You can also create new record via button
- Status – indicating progress/status of your reminder. You can change status manually in Quick Reminder module or via a popup window in detail view of record if any Reminders relate to that record
- Due Date – date until you should change the status for quick reminder or perform any action with related record
- Assigned To – the user or group which is selected for Quick Reminder you are creating
- Description – brief description about reminder, you are creating. Users can see this information then in Quick Reminder popup window
If you finish the installation of our module Quick Reminder, you are able to access Module as Admin or User and start creating reminders for your Vtiger CRM system.
There are 2 options how to create Quick Reminder:
From the Record
This is the method we recommend. Why? It’s faster and there is no need to switch between modules. simply go to any record you need and via the More button select. Create Quick Reminder and fill up all the fields you need.
Via Quick Reminder module
Go to Quick Reminder module, and via button , you can start creating new reminder.
Now select the subject, type, module and pick the record for that module. In our example, we can try Invoice, we pick one (already created in our CRM). Next status, we can select Open and assign it to the Admin (us), brief description can be added like “Send Invoice” confirm via Save button.
Before creating reminder, you can see that “ring bell” icon has no reminders active yet
After creating a reminder, the “ring bell” icon now have one reminder available
Notification will be there until you mark reminder as read or cancelled
There are 2 options how to change status of reminder and perform additional actions:
Inside of the record
When you go to the actual record, in our example its Invoice (we created before) and which is assigned to our reminder.
The popup window will appear (only for assigned user).
See the example below:
Outside of the record
If you are not in record but you see there is reminder active. For example, you are on the Dashboard or in Settings of Vtiger.
Assigned to reminders explanation
Reminders you created + all reminders which was assigned to you.
(This is very good feature, so you can see the status of all reminders you created for other users).
Reminders assigned to you by other users
You can see the whole process in the “Video tab”
The special feature is support of Workflows. Save a lot of time and instead of receiving email notifications create Quick Reminder based on your Workflow action
• Notifications directly in your Vtiger CRM system
• Automatic creation of reminders based on your workflows
• Read/Close reminder within few clicks!
• No messing around with email notifications
• User – friendly usage
We will demonstrate a simple example, which shows basics of this feature. (Remember this is just an example and you can use any module you want).
- Make sure you have created Workflow, if not you can create simple workflow based on your needs
- We will use action called Create Record under Workflow Actions
- Create Record means, when your workflow is triggered the record will be created, in our case it will be Quick Reminder creation when the workflow is triggered
- Simply choose Quick Reminder as a module and fill up all fields which are needed to create a reminder, see below:
- Confirm with Save button.
Now lets say we had Workflow for Opportunities module, and set Trigger that every time Opportunie is created, the Create Record Action will trigger and create Reminder for the user you assigned reminder to.
It can be simple reminder like: Check opportunities and change status of it or just Check opportunities, so the user known that opportunity was made and he need to check it.
The reminder notification will be there for that user until he marks it as Read.
- 7 October 2020: 4.4
- Fixed compatibility Vtiger 7.3
- Fixed installation on Vtiger 7.1
- 1 October 2020: 4.3
- Fixed compatibility with the default Vtiger Reports module, where users were getting: “Sorry! Attempt to access restricted file. – modules /….” message.
- 2 April 2020: 4.2
- Fixed issue where assigned reminders to the group were not showing a notification for users in the group
- 5 March 2020: 4.1
- Fixed issue where creating Quick Reminder “Go to full form” was not working
- January 2020: 4.0
- new validation system via our FREE extension Installer
- April 2019: 700.1.1
- extension release