1.Introduction to the EMAIL Maker
The Email Maker is extension tool designed for the vtiger CRM. Using EMAIL Maker you can create email templates with predefined information and send them from all the modules. There are available all the fields from source and related modules, the fields related to recipients, the company information and many more. The intention was to provide powerful and flexible tool which allows users of vtiger CRM to create own email templates. Using the email templates you can send mass emails from ListViews (e.g. Invoices, Quotes, Products, etc.) and finally save lot of your time. Sending is running in background. You are informed about sending process by small popup window.
The Email Maker benefits are:
- supported mostly inside all modules
- unlimited number of email templates within one module
- simple addition, edit, duplication or deletion of the email templates
- advanced and more creative editing of emails using inserting images, tables, product blocks related blocks or listview blocks and many more
Who needs EMAIL Maker?
The target group of EMAIL Maker users are people sending emails daily (i.e. invoices, info about products, quotes, orders etc.) In addition it is expected that people would like to send more sophisticated and nice looking emails including images, tables or product related blocks, etc. Let’s see how the EMAIL Maker can save your business time on the following use case.
Use case: “It is necessary to send invoice attached to email. In addition it would be nice to add into text of the email some information related to invoice e.g. invoice ID, sum to be paid, date of invoice, info that we are sending a present for free because order was higher than 500 Euro, etc.”
Let’s suppose that you spend just 6 minutes with that email, so you can continue with rest 99 invoices/emails?! OR you can prepare email template and anytime you need just to use it and send tens of emails within few clicks.
2.How to install EMAIL Maker
- vtiger CRM version (e.g. 7.x)
- EMAIL Maker version
- Date and time
- Domain in md5 coding format (e.g. 916b25c201a77a6721003c0030977f3b) (for security reasons there is no option to decode it to readable form of your url)
- Action provided by you (INSTALL, REACTIVATE, DEACTIVATE)
Please provide following steps in order to install EMAIL Maker
- Install the .zip (package) file of the EMAIL Maker module via Setting -> CRM Settings -> Module Management -> Modules. Click on the Import Module from Zip.
- Select the .zip (package) file that you downloaded from our shop. Please check that you accepted the disclaimer and would like to proceed. Click on the [Import] button.
Note: If you have after this step error message: Sorry! Attempt to access restricted file. Please check if folder test/vlib has correct write permission for browser (apache, www-data).
- Verify the import details parsed from the .zip (package) file. Please check that you accepted the license agreement and click [Import Now] to proceed or [Cancel] to cancel.
- EMAIL Maker was imported
In order to finish installation, please provide following validation steps.
- EMAIL Maker Validation Steps. Please check your Company information and insert license key. Make sure that your server has Internet access. Click on button [Validate]. If you want to change your Company information, click on button [Change Company Information].
- If EMAIL Maker is installed successfully you will see following screen. Click on [Finish].
3.How to update/upgrade EMAIL Maker
The upgrade of the EMAIL Maker is initiated in the same way as EMAIL Maker installation or click on Upgrade EMAILMaker link in Customize tab of EMAIL Maker.
So please refer to above installation part for details how to initiate the import of the module from the file. As can be seen on following picture you will be notified that the EMAIL Maker module already exists. The upgrade will start immediately when you click on the [Update Now] button.
After upgrade the notification about successful upgrade is shown.
4.How to start EMAIL Maker
In order to start the EMAIL Maker tool please provide following steps:
- In vtiger CRM menu , please go to PROJECTS and click on EMAIL Maker.
- The screenshot below shows EMAIL Maker ListView which is lunched after previous step. As can be seen in the picture below, there are no any email templates created yet. In order to add new template you can click button or link Create New Template.
How to create and edit email templates please refer to the chapter Create new email template. Next chapter describes the whole work area of the EMAIL Maker.
The Work Area of the EMAIL Maker consists of:
- ListView – used for common tasks like add, delete, duplicate template, import and export templates and access to others tools
- DetailView – shows already created email template in details
- EditView – allows the preparation of the new email template or editing existing templates
- EMAIL Maker Pop-Up window– used for sending emails
5.1.ListView of EMAIL Maker
The common tasks like add/delete/duplicate template, import/export templates or start editing have to be initiated via EMAIL Maker ListView. Click on (Menu) -> PROJECTS and select EMAIL Maker link and EMAIL Maker ListView will appear on your screen.
The main part of the EMAIL Maker ListView consists of the list of the email templates, which gives you information about a template name, a primary module, a short description, sharing info, template owner and its status. In the list you can also select one or more templates and consequently delete or export the selected group of templates. As shown in the picture, it is also possible to use links under the button in order to edit or duplicate already created email templates directly from the ListView. Also there is option to search your template.
There are three buttons above the list of email templates:
- contains actions for deletion, import or export of the templates
- is used to add new template
- allows you to add new template theme
- contains Extensions, Profiles Self-defined labels, Product block templates, License, Update and Uninstall options
Note: How to import or export email template is described in the chapter Export and import templates.
5.2.DetailView of EMAIL Maker
From ListView you can directly open any email template in DetailView. The DetailView consists of:
- Properties tab
- gives basic information of the email template
- contains the email template body
- Display conditions – you can hide/show template for record based on created condition(s)
- Styles – if you use Styles4You extension here you can find your added styles
- Documents tab – button allows you to add documents to the email template as attachment. This functionality is not available in EditView; before sending email you will be able to delete this attachment or add additional attachments as well
- Email Workflows – here you can see in which worklow(s) this Template is used
- Group of buttons
- switches to EditView and start editing
- creates duplicate of the template and start editing
- allows you to delete template
5.3.EditView of EMAIL MAker
The EditView shown in the picture below is divided into two areas:
- Tabs area – allows user to insert into template different kind of values, fields and to set up properties, sharing and other common settings of the email template. Tabs area consists of following tabs, which are described in the following subchapters:
- Module information
- Other information
- Product block
- Display conditions
- Editing area – is mainly used for inserting/editing your own text, tables, images etc. and to make some design adjustment of the template like font change, color, format, size, background color of the text etc. This editing can be initiated via many toolbars located in the above part of Editing area. Please refer to the chapter Editing email templates for the details related to editing.
The main purpose of the Properties tab is to define template name and description. Although description is not required, it is recommended to describe here main purpose and properties of the template for future edit or re-usage. Also, The EMAIL template can be common for all modules or based on one primary module. To define that the Module information tab is used.
|Template name||The name of the template. It is mandatory field for template creation.|
|Recipient variables (To)||Variables related to recipient|
|Module||Template will be based and available only for one selected module and its fields.|
|Related modules||If exists related module(s) to selected module, it is possible here to select and use fields from any related module.|
|Related blocks||Related block(s) to selected module, with buttons to insert, create, edit or delete related block. For details please refer to chapter Using related blocks.|
|Company information||Comprises mainly group of fields from Company information|
|User information||Comprises mainly group of fields from Assigned to User, Logged in User, Modified by User and Created by User|
|Email subject||The subject of the email. You can use simple text, predefined common fields or fields related to primary module if exists.|
As shown below Other information tab contains several fields. They are ListView block option, Terms and Conditions, Current date and Custom functions.
|ListView block||Allows adding ListView block. For details please refer to chapter Using ListView block|
|Terms and Conditions||Terms and Conditions.|
|Current date||Current date in several formats.|
|Custom functions||Custom functions. For details please refer to chapter Custom functions|
Labels tab consists of Global language and Module language part. Labels are very useful especially in case you need to send emails in two or more languages. Please refer to chapter Inserting labels to see details.
|Global language||Global labels.|
|Module language||Labels related only to selected module.|
|Template name||Labels defined by user. See chapter Self-defined labels|
The product block tab allows inserting product block template and editing it. In addition, you can create your own product block using “Block start”, “Block end” and fields for products and services. How to insert, edit and create product block is described in chapter Using a product blocks.
|Product block template||Insert predefined product block templates. For details please refer to chapter Using a product blocks.|
|Product block||Products and Services Block start, Products and Services Block end. Products Block start, Products Block end. Services Block start, Services Block end. Each product block must start with “Block start” and must end with “Block end”.|
|Common fields for Products & Services||Fields common for products & services. You can find same fields for products and services separately as well, but it is recommended to prefer common fields in the templates.|
|Available fields for Products||Fields for products.|
|Available fields for Services||Fields for services.|
The settings tab allows defining Description, Category, Default from email, Ignored picklist values, Status, number format and option to Set template as default.
|Description||The description of the email template.|
|Category||Category of the email template. You can define categories according to your needs directly from this field.|
|Default from||Select here default sender of the email template. This value can be set separately for each logged user.|
|Ignored picklist values||Define picklist values which will be ignored in the final email like None, none, keine etc. Entered values have to be separated with comma|
|Status||Active / Inactive. Please refer to chapter Status for details|
|Number format||Decimal point separator – comma, dot (but any symbol can be used)|
Decimal point number – 0-3
Thousands separator – comma, dot, space (but any symbol can be used)
|Set as default||Set/unset as default for DetailView and ListView. For details please refer to chapter Set as default.|
5.4.Email Maker pop-up Window
The EMAIL Maker pop-up Window can be found after you click on button in DetailView of module. In the module ListView it is necessary to
select any record(s) and click on More button and select Send Emails with EMAILMaker. The EMAIL Maker pop-up is used to send emails for particular record. Two forms of EMAIL maker pop-up can be seen in the screen:
a) EMAIL Maker pop-up without email template
b) Standard layout of the EMAIL Maker block pop-up
How to send emails via EMAIL Maker pop-up is described in the chapter Sending emails.
6.Editing email templates
The editing of the email templates in the EMAIL Maker is easy and is provided inside editing area in EditView. Before you start creation of the new template, you have to decide whether the new email template will be based on primary module or not. So two kinds of email templates exists:
- Primary module email templates – inside template you can combine primary module fields, related module fields, the fields from “Recipient variables (To)”, your text, images, tables, products block templates, related blocks, listview blocks, all fields from Other information tab, etc.
- Common templates – templates can be used in all modules. Inside common templates is not recommended to use primary module fields, related module fields, products block templates, related blocks or listview blocks. The reason is that values for such fields should be not available for particular modules and therefore the email will contain just notations of the fields e.g. $s-products-productname$ but not real expected values.
6.1.Create new email template
As was already described in the chapter How to start EMAIL Maker, you can initiate creation of the new email template via button in the ListView. In case you have no templates at all, also link Create New Template can be used.
The list of email themes will appear on the screen. These themes don’t contain module related fields; it means that they are available for any module. In order to continue, please select one theme according to your needs.
After selection of the email theme you will be redirected to EditView (chapter EditView). For new template it is necessary to define “Template name”. Although “Description” is not required, it is recommended to describe here main purpose and properties of the template for future edit or re-usage. The subject of the email is not necessary to be defined within template but please notice that subject will be required before sending emails.
Please continue here with editing template by using CK Editor, inserting images, tables, product blocks, related blocks or listview blocks according to your needs. CK Editor allows you to change formatting of your text and other inserted fields using a lot of toolbars. Just select the text/field and click on any icon of the tool like font, color, bold, italic, alignment etc.
When you finish please save the email template using button.
Please refer to following chapters related to details about editing email templates and using available fields or blocks in your email templates.
The creation of the EMAIL Maker template consists of email theme selection. Although you can start with blank template, it is also possible to select one of predefined themes or create your own EMAIL Maker theme. In order to create new theme click on in the ListView, or click on and then select . In the window List themes you can edit, duplicate or delete your own templates using icons.
The intention of the using themes is to have same email design i.e. background logo, greetings, type of font etc. and it doesn’t matter for which purpose/module the mail is sent.
In addition the email themes save your time for creation of the new email template. You don’t need to start creation from the blank template but simply reuse already done steps.
Please note that the email themes are common for all email templates, i.e. they don’t contain module related fields. Therefore the EditView of Email theme consists of following tabs (see picture):
- Properties (please refer to Properties for details regarding fields)
- Other information (please refer to Other information for details regarding fields)
- Labels (please refer to Labels for details regarding fields)
- Settings (please refer to Settings for details regarding fields)
Using above mentioned tabs and related fields, images, tables, etc. you can simply create your own theme. This theme can be reused anytime for your new email templates.
Images can improve the design of your email templates. CKEditor is used inside the EMAIL Maker and it allows you to add images into your email templates in an easy and intuitive way. So, if you would like to insert image please provide following steps:
- Press the image button on the toolbar.
- A pop-up window called “Image Properties” will appear. It includes four tabs that group image options.
- Define the URL address of the image. You may also use button in order to browse the files. Set up other properties of the image.
- Click to add image into template.
For more info visit following site: https://docs-old.ckeditor.com/CKEditor_3.x/Users_Guide/Rich_Text/Images
The tables are inseparable component of many documents. Similarly to images, tables can be inserted into your templates in few simple steps:
- Press the insert/edit table button on the toolbar. After that a popup window called “Table Properties” will appear.
- Set the basic table properties like number of columns and rows, width, height, etc.
- Click on button.
After that the table is inserted into the template and you can write some text, insert all available fields from chosen and related Modules or add some images into the new table. You can also make some design adjustments like bold text, underline, etc.
For more info visit following site: http://docs.cksource.com/CKEditor_3.x/Users_Guide/Rich_Text/Tables
6.5.Using a product blocks
The product blocks are simple but powerful parts of your email templates. They are used to display all products/services from modules Invoices, Quotes, Sales Order and Purchase Order in your emails regardless of the number of products/services for particular record. Below you can find simple example where invoice contains three products which are automatically seen in the final mail. You don’t need to create template for three rows in the table, just define start and stop of the product block and product fields according to your needs. Next chapter describes how to create your own product block. In addition, we also introduced some default product block templates as well as tool for managing them (Product block templates).
6.5.1.Create new product block
You can find Product block tab in EditView which allows inserting, editing and creating of product blocks. In case that product block templates are not sufficient for you, it is easy to create your own product block:
- Go to Product block tab and insert product block start variable (#PRODUCTBLOC_START#) and
product block end (#PRODUCTBLOC_END#).
- Add all necessary product/service fields according to your needs between (#PRODUCTBLOC_START#)
and (#PRODUCTBLOC_END#) and provide formatting if needed.
6.5.2.Create separate Block for Products and for Services
There is also the option to create a separate Block for Products and for Services. To create separate Block please provide following steps:
- Go to Product block tab and insert product block start variable (#PRODUCTBLOC_PRODUCTS_START# or #PRODUCTBLOC_SERVICES_START#) and product block end (#PRODUCTBLOC_ PRODUCTS_END# or #PRODUCTBLOC_ SERVICES_END#).
- Add all necessary product/service fields according to your needs between (#PRODUCTBLOC_PRODUCTS_START# or #PRODUCTBLOC_SERVICES_START#) and (#PRODUCTBLOC_PRODUCTS_END# or #PRODUCTBLOC_SERVICES_END#) and provide formatting if needed.
6.5.3.Insert and edit product block template
There are already created product block templates which you can insert from product block tab and later edit if needed. These templates are available only for modules Invoices, Quotes, Sales Order and Purchase Order that displays product block. The product block templates created within product block tool (9.3) can be added in the same way. You can simply add the whole product block template into your template by:
- Go to Product block tab.
- Select product block template.
- Click on button.
When the product block template is inserted you can modify it according to your needs. For example you can add new cells / rows / columns, change font, change the background color, etc. You can edit layout like a table or you can add some new variables / labels as well.
6.7.Using ListView block
In case you need to send via email the output of the several records within one mail you can use ListView block. Within this block you can simply set which fields of the records you would like to send. Please refer to below picture which shows simple example of the email consists of list of invoices and related few fields (invoice number, invoice date, status etc.) and how to prepare it. Firstly in the Email Maker EditView:
- Go to Other information tab, check ListView block and select the “Block start” and click on .
- Insert fields you would like to have in ListView block ($s-invoice-invoice_no$..).
- Insert “Block end” using button .
Provide additional edit steps and save the template. When the template is ready you can use it within ListView (ONLY!) to prepare mail using following steps:
- Go to ListView of particular module and select from 1 to N records.
- Click on and select Send Emails with EMAIL Maker.
- Select ListView block template (recipients, template, language) you can also add PDF Maker template and click on .
- The Compose E-Mail window is shown as well with ListView block to be sent.
Note: Each ListView block has to start with “Block start” (#LISTVIEWBLOCK_START#) and ends with “Block end” (#LISTVIEWBLOCK_END#). ListView block template can be set as default only for ListView; for DetailView it is not applicable.
6.8.Attach documents into templates
The email template can contain attached documents. This feature is useful in case you often need to attach additional documents into your emails. It could save your time or avoid to forget attach important documents.
1. Go to DetailView of the email template and you will see Documents tab.
2. Click on .
3. Select one or more documents and confirm selection by button.
In case you want to delete the attached document just click on icon
The intention of the labels is saving time and effort for creating email templates. Using labels provides an easy and flexible way to send emails / or just parts of emails in different languages without necessity to create separate email template per each language. As it was described in chapter Labels, labels can be inserted into templates via Labels tab. In order to insert any global related label or module related label just click on Labels tab, select from dropdown list any label and click on button.
Please refer to example below used for sending invoice information. Instead of having two (or more) templates the labels are used as much as possible. For example the label %G_Phone% used in template will be replaced in final mail in german language as “Telefon” and in final mail in English language as “Phone” automatically based on your language selection. So it is not necessary to create duplicate templates for another language, just use labels and select language before Compose email window. The global labels use notation %G_*****% and module labels use %M_*****%.
If the global and module related labels are not sufficient for you, it is possible to define self-defined labels. In order to define self-defined please follow instructions described in the chapter Self-defined labels.
In All tabs of EMAIL Maker you can find “Email subject” definition. This setup gives you the opportunity to set the email subject according to your needs. You can combine strings, module variables and some standard variables like Current date. Dropdown list for email subject depends on primary module as can be seen below.
You can set status as active or inactive for each template. Please take into account that this can be set separately per logged user, it means this setting is not global. The inactive templates will not appear in the list of available templates in the Email maker window. You can find status of existing templates in:
- ListView – “Status” column
- DetailView – Template information
To set Email template as active / inactive you need to use Settings tab in EditView and select status from listbox.
6.10.3.Set as default
The particular EMAIL template can be set as default by a logged user, it means this setting is not global. This default template is specific to that user and to that module. It means that different users can set their own default templates for each module separately. It is possible to define template as default for DetailView and default for ListView separately. You can find status of existing templates in:
- ListView – template default for DetailView is marked with text “(default for DetailView)”, template default for ListView is marked with text “(default for ListView)”. If the template is default for DetailView as well as for ListView, then in the template name column text “(default)” is written.
- DetailView – Properties tab
The behavior of default templates is shown in the below picture:
- template default for ListView is automatically selected in Select Email Addresses window
- template default for DetailView is automatically selected in EMAIL Maker window
- the template is not automatically selected if not set as default, neither in case only one template exists
Display conditions part allows set conditions when template is shown or hidden. If you want to show template without ban, leave conditions empty. There is option to show template if conditions are true or hide templates if conditions are true. You can set it by choosing Yes if/No if in Displayed tab. In Conditions tab you can choose if you want that all conditions must be met or At least one of the conditions must be met. You can add or delete conditions.
In the following picture you can see how to send email using EMAIL Maker:
The process of sending emails continues with window “Compose E-Mail”. Click on button to send email. At the end you are informed about un/successful sending of the email. Please refer to following chapters for details about each step.
7.1.Select Email Addresses
The Select Email Addresses window is first (ListView) or second (DetailView) window which is used to select email template, email recipients or PDF template (only if available). Please provide your selection and continue with button in order to send email(s).
As you can see in the below picture, the Select Email Addresses window has several forms:
- doesn’t contain EMAIL Template part because there is no EMAIL template for this module.
- Select Email Addresses window differs also within same module in ListView. It depends whether one or more records were selected. The concrete email address/es are shown in case that only one record was selected.
For successful sending of the email(s) it is enough to click on button in the Compose E-Mail window in case that email template and recipients were already selected in the previous Select Email IDs window. But as you can see in the picture below you can provide a lot of actions before sending of the email(s):
- Change your/sender mail
- Add additional “To”, “Cc” and “Bcc” recipients or remove recipients.
- Change subject of the email.
- Add/remove attachments.
- Change or select email template
- Include Signature
- Additional edit of the email or email template.
- Preview of the email or email template.
Some of above actions are described in the following chapters in details.
18.104.22.168.Emails sent from
Within your vtiger you can define several email addresses. These addresses can be used as addresses of the email sender.
You can simply change the email address of the sender within “Compose E-Mail” window. It can be done using selectbox. Depending on your preferences and settings, you can select from the mail addresses shown in following picture:
- My Preferences / User Login & Role / Primary Email
- My Preferences / More Information / Other Email
- My Preferences / More Information / Secondary Email
- Settings / Outgoing Server / From Email
22.214.171.124.Recipients To, Cc, Bcc
Within this chapter is described one of the main parts of Compose Email window related to email recipients.
As described in the picture below you can provide here following actions:
- add recipients – you can select the recipients from module Contacts, Organizations, Vendors, Leads, Users or you can type any email address using selection “Other” or simply you can add recipients by start typing email address (3 and more characters)
- remove recipients (emails)
- add next type of recipients – Cc, Bcc
- there can be also email select box located in the above part for modules like Invoices, Products, Purchase orders, Sales orders, Quotes …
Please take into account that behavior of using To, Cc and Bcc differs in case of sending emails from ListView of the particular module in case more than one record was selected:
- For modules like Contacts, Organizations, Vendors, Leads …
- At least one recipient has to be defined as To
- In case you would like to send email also to Cc, Bcc recipient only for one selected record please use sending from DetailView of the module
- For modules like Invoices, Products, Purchase orders, Sales orders, Quotes …
- At least one recipient has to be defined as To for each selected record (INV_01, INV_02)
- It is possible to define Cc, Bcc recipient for each particular To, it means Cc, Bcc recipients are better controlled
Three ways how to attach the attachments into emails are currently supported in the Email Maker:
- The attachments inserted directly into email template (see chapter Attach documents into templates for details).
- The attachments inserted within Compose E-Mail window
- The document/file from the module “Documents” can be added using .
- Any local file can be added using .
- PDF Maker templates (available only for users using also PDF Maker). Please refer to chapter Support of the PDF Maker for details.
In order to delete any attachment please click on “X” before attachment (see picture)
126.96.36.199.Select Email Template
The Compose E-Mail window contains button . You can select email template from ListView within window Select Email IDs or from DetailView within EMAIL Maker block. Button can be used in the following situations:
- in case you forgot to select email template from Select Email IDs window or EMAIL Maker block
- you would like to use different template but don’t want to close Compose E-Mail window
- you initiated sending emails outside EMAIL Maker tool (so you were not able to select email template), e.g. using PDF Maker tool
When you click on “Email Templates List” window will appear on the screen. You can select template name to be used. Inside this window also information of primary module and description is available. Please note that only module related templates or common templates are visible and can be used for sending emails.
8.1.Campaigns and EMAIL Maker
With the EMAIL Maker module you can now use Campaigns in a more effective way. We added a feature where you can send e-mail to Contacts which are added to your Campaign.
Follow simple steps to send a Campaign e-mails to selected Contacts:
- First create or choose already created Campaign and click on Contacts
You will be redirected to Campaign Contacts view like you can see on the following picture:
- Next you have to add Contact/s to Campaign. You have 3 options here how to add Contacts:
a.) Select Contact/s via button.
b.) Add Contact/s via button.
c.) Load Contacts from the already created Contact List
- Now select Contacts which will be receiving e-mails. You can use the check – box where all contacts will be selected or you can check – box contacts separately:
- When you selected Contacts proceed by clicking on the button.
- On the next Screen you have to choose which E-mail fields will be used. Also, you can choose the EMAIL MAKER template you already created. The process is shown on following picture:
- In the last step you will be redirected to Compose email window. Here you can see which Contacts you added in the Contacts List field. Also, you can edit the template you did choose for your Campaign. When you are done with editing or adding additional recipients press button.
8.2.Export and import templates
Export and import of the email templates makes it easy to work with EMAIL Maker templates by migration process or moving templates from development to productive installation.
In order to export EMAIL templates to external sources in EMAIL Maker tool do following steps:
- In the EMAIL Maker ListView page select one or more templates which would you like to export.
- Click on and “Export”.
- In the File Download pop-up dialog select “Save File”.
- Click to save the templates in *.xml file format.
To import email templates from external sources click on and “Import”. After click the new import page will appear on the screen.
In the Import pdf templates page, browse the EMAIL Maker template-related data in *.xml format and then click the button. It will take a few seconds to complete the import. The imported templates can be found in the EMAIL Maker ListView page.
If you need a special treatment of vtiger data in your template, you can use custom (your own) functions. There is a folder „functions“ under [vTigerROOT]/modules/EMAILMaker/resources, where you can place your own .php file with functions which would you like to use. This file will be included automatically. Inside this folder is file „its4you.php“, which contains our functions. These functions are descibed below and are provided for you for free. Do not modify this file, because by next version it will be overwritten. If you would
like to use your own functions, please create your own file/files, it means create new .php file under [vTigerROOT]/modules/EMAILMaker/resources/functions and place here your functions. In order to insert custom function into template provide following:
1. Go to EditView, and in Other information tab select custom function from selectbox „Custom functions“. As example in the picture below its4you_if is selected.
2. Click button . It adds function in form [CUSTOMFUNCTION|functionname|param1|param2|…|CUSTOMFUNCTION] or [CUSTOMFUNCTION_AFTER|functionname|param1|param2|…|CUSTOMFUNCTION].
3. Finally you have to define function name and parameters of the function as shown in the picture below.
In the above example function with 5 parameters was used, i.e. [CUSTOMFUNCTION|functionname|param1|param2|param3|param4|param5|CUSTOMFUNCTION]. It is possible to use functions without parameters as well. In this case use just notation [CUSTOMFUNCTION|functionname|CUSTOMFUNCTION].
Here you can find list of functions available for EMAIL Maker:
Following sections contain short description of some our its4you_* functions which you can use in your Email templates.
More info how to add own custom function you can find in our blog: How to create own Custom function for PDF Maker or EMAIL Maker?
Here you can find extensions for EMAIL Maker. There are Workflow, Unsubscribe email and Styles 4 You extensions available now.
Allows you send email by using EMAIL Maker within the Workflow settings.
To use EMAIL Maker within Workflow you need to install Workflow functionality.
Please click on button.
For more info please check chapter Support of Workflow
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force in the European Union. In order to comply with its new requirements and regarding how you use personal data, Email Maker lets you choose which emails you want to receive.
You may choose to:
- Continue to receive Newsletter as well as customer loyalty and personalised offer emails.
- Unsubscribe from all emails sent to you.
For some kind of the email templates (campaign, advertising …) You can insert into your email template “Unsubscribe from emails” link. This link allows recipient to unsubscribe himself from receiving such multiple emails just by one click.
Please provide following steps to start using Unsubscribe Email functionality:
- Download UnsubscribeEmail.zip
- Unzip content of .zip file into your server (we recommend into same location where you have Vtiger installed)
- Inside UnsbuscibeEmail.php is necessary to define
- $server_path – this is your Vtiger URL. (Be sure that $server_path is same like $site_URL from config.inc.php of your Vtiger installation)
- $user_name – this is the username you use to login to the Vtiger CRM, see also “My Preferences”
- $user_access_key – the access key can be retrieved by logging into your Vtiger CRM account, going to “My Preferences”
- Sentence shown after successful unsubscribing (row 81) (optional edit)
- Sentence shown when email address has not been unsubscribed (row 83) (optional edit)
- The final step is to put custom function its4you_unsubscribeemail into your template. There are just two parameters which you need to modify inside custom function
- URL_ADDRESS – URL address of your UnsubscribeEmail.php
- label – Text of the unsubscribe link
Next picture shows process of unsubscribing contact which leads to change his “Email Opt Out” to “yes”.
Styles4You extension allows to you manage your CSS styles and assigned it to templates.
To install Styles4You please provide following steps:
- Open EMAIL Maker
- Click on button and choose Extensions
- Download zip file by Download button
- Install Styles4You via module manager or Install button
Now, Styles4You has been installed into your Vtiger.
Here you can also add new Style or select your created Style. To create new Style and add it to template please open your template click on button or click on button to select previous created style.
Fill name, insert your style and choose priority. Priority is used when you add more styles to one template. EMAIL Maker takes CSS with smaller number of priority.
Now, your style has been added to your template.
- July 2018: 700.1.4
- minnor bug fixes
10.2.Manual of EMAIL Maker
- January 2018: manual based on EMAIL Maker 700.1.0
- first initiate for Vtiger 7.x
- manual is still in the progress